A RAID Divemaster is one of the most highly respected ratings in the dive community and the first Pro level within the RAID system. RAID Divemaster is a prerequisite to becoming a RAID Dive Instructor.
As a RAID Divemaster you can plan, organise and lead dives for certified divers.
If you love diving and want to share your passion with others, if you are looking for an exciting career or to travel Planet Ocean with a professional credential under your belt, a RAID Divemaster course is for you.
As a Divemaster Candidate, you will be immersed in a Scuba Diving Environment. The more you put into this course, the more you will get out of it. You are not limited to doing anything once - you can do it again and again!
A few examples of what you will get up to:
Assisting multiple Open Water, Explorer 30 and Master Rescue courses.
Learning how to demonstrate scuba skills to a high standard
Operating and maintaining the air compressor
Learning to fill scuba cylinders
Hydrostatically testing scuba cylinders
Briefing and leading dives
How to find the boat!
You also have the opportunity to work with and seek knowledge from scuba instructors who have worked in this industry, all around the world, for the last 15+ years.
So, what now?
Interested in learning more?! Do you want to experience a season with our amazing team here at Perth Diving Academy and find out what it's like to be part of a professional scuba diving environment?
Due to the individuality of this course, please send us an e-mail or give us a call for any enquiries. We can then set you up a meeting with our Divemaster Instructor to ensure this is the right fit for you and your future diving career.
Here at Perth Diving Academy we believe that a Divemaster Qualification is not just another 'box to be ticked' when it comes to Scuba.
This is the first step in your professional diving career. It's the longest and one of the most rewarding dive courses to take, giving you the knowledge and experience to supervise scuba diving activities and assist with scuba classes.
Our aim is to ensure every Divemaster we train will be ready to work in ANY dive shop around the WORLD.
RAID or PADI?
Our Divemaster Course can be completed under two different agencies - RAID or PADI. Most candidates prefer to complete their training in both.
Both organisations bring something different to the Divemaster Course.
To be able to complete the Divemaster course, you will be required to:
1. Be a minimum of 18 years old.
2. Be certified as a RAID Nitrox and RAID Deep 40 diver or equivalent from a recognized training agency.
3. Be a certified RAID Master Rescue diver or equivalent from a recognized training agency.
4. Have a minimum of 15 logged underwater hours and a minimum of 45 dives. • At least 35 of these dives must have been completed after completion of an advanced level of training, that is, over and above Open Water.
5. Have logged experience in Navigation and Night / limited visibility Diving.
6. Be currently certified as RAID First AID and O2 or equivalent.
7. Medical signed by a Licensed Medical Practitioner within the previous 12 months stating the holder is fit to dive.
8. Complete the registration process including all mandatory paperwork.
The above is subject to the General Diving Standards of RAID and may change without notice.